Submit an Event

Please read the Guide for Event Providers then use this form to submit your event. We will review your event and if accepted set up an event on this website so visitors can book places.

Organiser Details

Event Details

Enter the name of the person leading the event.
Enter the maximum number of people who can attend the event.
Use 24 hour format
Use 24 hour format
This will be used on the individual event page, aim for 2-4 paragraphs.
This will be used on the listings page, no more than 30 words.
Select all that apply.
Enter the distance (miles / kilometres)
Select the difficulty rating of the walk.
Check the Walk Grading page (opens in a new window) for details.
Is the event suitable for participants to being dogs?
Add anything potential event attendees should be aware of.
Upload an image to be used to represent the event (max 2Mb)

Location / Start

Enter the address or start point of the event, include the postcode.
If the postcode does not give an accurate enter Latitude & Longitude.
To find the coordinates use: (opens in a new window)
Add any other useful information about the location / start point



1. Event Details

By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you confirm that the event details provided in the submitted form are correct. This includes the start and finish points of the event, timings, and event difficulty. The event description should give participants an accurate explanation of the activities included in the event and the terrain likely to be encountered.

2. Event Fees

Unless previously agreed otherwise, the Moray Way Association takes a 20% festival management fee from all event bookings, with the remaining 80% income from each event being paid to the event provider. This fee is to cover the promotion and management of the Festival. The Moray Way Association is a registered charity and non-profit making organisation. The Festival is organised by the Moray Way Association trustees, who operate in a voluntary capacity.

3. Event Leader Responsibilities

In submitting this event, you agree to adhere to the responsibilities of the Event Leader as a representative of the Moray Way Association. It is the responsibility of the event leader to:

3.1 Ensure participants are prepared and well equipped with any kit required prior to the start of the event

3.2 Deliver events in a customer-focused manner to protect the reputation of the Moray Walking and Outdoor Festival and Moray Way Association

3.3 Have significant prior experience of the route taken during the event and have completed a survey of the route before the event

3.4 Notify landowners of the routes of events that enter private land and ensure that event participants act responsibly at all times

4. Risk Assessment

In submitting this event, you are agreeing to adhere to the Moray Walking and Outdoor Festival risk assessment requirements and the Moray Way Association Health and Safety policy.

Moray Walking and Outdoor Festival require that a risk assessment has been prepared for each event and that they are read, understood and implemented by all event leaders as necessary and appropriate.

Event leaders must provide an activity and site-specific risk assessment. This should consider chosen location, weather, ability and behaviour of the group, logistics and any other factors that may influence participant safety. It should be understood that the submission of this form to the Moray Walking and Outdoor Festival organisers is for information only. The responsibility for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of participants remains with the event leader.

A risk assessment form will be provided following receipt of this event submission form. Support will be available to provide advice in completing the risk assessment if required.

5. COVID19

We do not know what Scottish Government COVID-19 restrictions will be in place in June 2023. Event Providers will be responsible for ensuring that their event will adhere to any guidelines in force at the time of the event. This will include completing a risk assessment with COVID-19 precautions. ( If necessary, including within the plan, PPE in first aid kits, reducing participant numbers on events and ensuring that participants adhere to any social distancing guidelines.) It is also suggested that Event Providers complete Sport Scotland’s free COVID Officer E-Learning Module. Unfortunately, new guidelines may alter events or force us to postpone the Festival. We will update this statement as more information is gathered.

We will not sell any tickets until we are confident that we can proceed with the Festival.

reCAPTCHA is required.